Subscribe to Pardes Yehuda

Pardes Yehuda: 45 years later, are we entering the "autumn of freedom"?

Friday, August 29, 2008

45 years later, are we entering the "autumn of freedom"?

I can't say I've jumped on the Obama bandwagon, not to say he hasn't always had my vote, but yesterday was a historic day. For the first time in our nation's tumultuous race-related history, a major milestone was breached. A black man received a major party nomination for the presidency--I really was never sure if I would live to see the day.

To hear the man announce, "to all my fellow citizens of this great nation, with profound gratitude and great humility, I accept your nomination for presidency of the United States," I shed tears, and goose-bumps cover my body as I type this.

If you haven't already, and even if you have, have a look for yourself.

No comments: